Friday, July 6, 2012

Mushroom & Beef Soup


Happy Friday everybody! 

It's been a crazy busy week, but I've got today and tomorrow off so I'm going to be catching up on some cleaning and some homework for school.

We've been going through a MAJOR heat wave here and I almost can't believe that I made this, but it was so good - I had to post it.  It's so easy and is done in less than 30 minutes!  If you want to wait until winter to make it, then I don't blame you, but if you're like me, and like soup ANY time - this is the real deal!

Ingredients:

2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup portobello mushrooms, sliced
1 & 1/2 cups beef stock
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced - plus extra for garnish
2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
croutons, optional - for garnish

In a medium stockpot under medium high heat, saute the garlic in the olive oil.  Add mushrooms and cook until tender and most of liquid is evaporated.

Add stock, parsley, and mint.  Simmer for about 15-20 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with croutons and chopped parsley.

I served this with a grilled cheese sandwich - it's a perfect soup for dipping!  I think I loved this soup so much because it reminded me a lot of French Onion soup without all the onion and cheese.  It's definitely a keeper!


Hope you all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. This mushroom beef soup is making me crave soup right now. This is amazing! Glad to connect with you. Thanks for stopping by my blog, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup is good all year round. Looks delicious.

    You are welcome to join in my monthly food blogger event THE SOUP KITCHEN, here for entry details and current theme offering a new theme each month. All bloggers are welcome, hope to see you participate soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The broth looks so tasty, and I love the addition of the portabello's for some added beefiness and texture! A perfect summer soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love soup any time of the year, this looks great! I actually haven't made soup in a while so this might be going on my to-do list soon :)

    ReplyDelete