Friday, June 3, 2011

BBQ Pork Chops


Almost every Saturday morning, sometime between 10am and 2pm, I find myself perusing around the Douglass Loop Farmer's Market.  And more often than not, I find myself ogling the meats at the Stone Cross Farm's booth.  I've been having a hankering for some bone-in chops lately, but always arrive too late to the booth to get some.  But trust me, settling for the boneless chops isn't that bad.  In fact, it's not bad at all.

You see the chop in the above picture?  That was only HALF of the whole chop I got.  Yeah, the whole chop was practically bigger than my entire plate.  Now, that's what I call a chop.

And the size isn't what gets me reeled in, either... the flavor of the meat is just superb!

And while I was perusing for recipes last weekend, I came across this little gem at Kohler Created.  By far, one of the. best. pork chop. recipes. ever. EVER.

Don't forget to vote in this week's treat poll:





Ingredients:


Adapted from Kohler Created's recipe


2 boneless pork chops (or in my case, one huge one cut in half)
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
juice from 1 lemon
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
freshly cracked black pepper, to taste

In a medium bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, dijon mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, and garlic until sugar is dissolved.

Place pork chops in a large Ziploc bag and pour marinade into bag.  Place in fridge for at least 4 hours.

Heat a charcoal grill under medium high heat and grill chops for about 5-7 minutes per side.  Let chops rest for about 5 minutes before serving.


We served this with some leftover homemade macaroni and cheese and some mixed vegetables.  This was the perfect Friday night meal.  So what are you waiting for?  It's Friday night!  And if you're in the Louisville area tomorrow morning, between 10am and 2pm, don't forget to check out the Douglass Loop Farmer's Market for some goodies!  Especially for some Stone Cross Farm's pork chops!

Have a great weekend guys!  We'll be headed up to Indianapolis for a graduation party (and to possibly hit up the outlet malls in Edinburgh on the way up) so don't forget to vote in the poll above to suggest something I should bring with me!

27 comments:

  1. This with mac and cheese sounds just about perfect. So you said there is another half...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it looks really good. I'll make it one of these days when the weather is nice and we can light up the grill :-)

    /Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious! :)
    BTW, I didn't realize it was Friday today until I read you post :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally going to make this BBQ sauce and put it on some tofu! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW..you have so many good recipes...I am having a giveaway in my blog..if you want please check and join that...
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/2011/05/chocolate-recipe-and-chocolate.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a serious pork chop! Looks like a plate full of summer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's one delicious looking grilled pork chop!! I can't believe the size of this (half) chop. With mac and cheese on the side....mmmm. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks totally yummy but your plump chop made me think it was chicken at first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks incredible! I can't believe that was only half of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peggy, your choice of vote is always so hard! I can't pick one! But today it looks like my choice was same with majority - Yay! Oh my, this pork chop is just HALF!? I love this marinade. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I'm printing off this marinade! I just bought some chops and this will be on our menu soon. It looks fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS...what graduation are you attending? I'm in Indy :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the chared edges. That's my favorite part of grilling chicken or pork chops. Looks like a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fantastic! That marinade sounds divine... And yes, that's one huge pork chop! Can't believe that's just half! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!!!....Nice recipe dear Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH My word... bbq anything charred is a weakness of mine.. do you think I can use my Le Cruset grill pan?

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Lizzy - it's for Sheridan, it's a little bit north of Indy by Carmel

    @Elle Marie - of course you could use your grill pan =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just bought some pork chops last week. I think this may be exactly what I'll do with them. Sounds so good. I am loving your frozen yogurt FB posts, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pork chop looks great! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow..those pokr chops look perfect. The glaze is beautiful! I haven't made pork chops in a while (usuall buy the the super thick ones and stuff them with something)and this makes me want to! That said..thank you so much for your comment on my guest post. I think my (only mine, of course lol) Lowel Ego Lights were put together in a factory built on an Indian burial ground.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a fantastic space here & glad to have stopped by...Even happier to be following u :) And ur recipe for naan is the best...trying it out soon,,,Keep rocking!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great and delicious find! Your recipe sounds mouthwatering, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those porkchops look delicious! I am definitely going to have to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I bet I could vegetarianize this by using the recipe for the sauce on a block of tofu!! Sounds SO good. And that corn & peas in the background is making my mouth water -- it looks SO fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmmm looks great and I know my bf would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Am definitely keeping this in mind for my next pork chop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I cant believe thats only half the portion you got from the market! I have to find a farmers market like that around here. I love bbq pork chops from time to time!

    ReplyDelete