Thursday, April 7, 2011

And the Runner Up(s) is...

Like many bloggers, I have somewhat of a "back-log" of dishes for posts.  Or maybe you don't have that problem, I don't know.

I like to keep things fresh, so every 2 weeks or so, I just get rid of the dishes I don't post.  So instead of doing that, I think I may start a new little section (every 2 weeks or so) to just show the "visuals" - because really, the dishes take pretty good pictures, I just don't have a way of incorporating them into this round of posts.

Now this is where YOU have a say.  If you find the particular picture intriguing, or just really want the recipe... I'll give it to you.  Otherwise, you can just ogle the dishes that just didn't quite make the cut.

Andy said this was straight up one of the best chocolate cakes he's ever had.

Black-Sesame Seed Encrusted Pork Tenderloin

We have a favorite Indian restaurant in town, Kashmir, that serves a "Peshwari Naan" with dried fruit and coconut - I thought I'd experiment with my own little version.

I've had chocolate graham crackers in the pantry for a while - it was time to use them - in pancakes.

Also had some French green lentils in the pantry - soup's on!

I think I may be the only person on Earth that decided to make eggnog in March - I had an itch - so I "itched" it.

Just a shot of those lentils - pre-soak.
And this is completely non-food related, but I was sitting in traffic on the Kennedy Bridge the other day (and happened to have my camera) and had the perfect angle for the Louisville skyline.  Pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

So yeah, lots of recipes get made, not all of them get published.  I can't really explain my reasoning for not posting some things and posting others, but it's just really what I'm in the mood to talk about when I get ready to write a post. 

How about you guys?  Do you post everything you make?  If not, how do you decide what's "good" or what's "bad"?  How long do you keep posts before you pitch 'em?

Stay tuned tomorrow for another poll and the Sweet Potato Donut recipe!  Have a Happy Thursday guys!

19 comments:

  1. If that chocolate cake is THE best, please share the recipe!

    de5181 (at) aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVELY SKYLINE, yes I also need that chocolate cake recipe pweeeeze

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, dear Lord, that cake looks amazing!
    Very, very, very intriguing, if you ask me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the exact same thing! But I am begging you - share that chocolate cake recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures. Louisville is so pretty. I went to a friend's wedding at the most gorgeous Catholic church there. It was years ago though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably only post about a quarter of what I make. Sometimes it's because I want to play with the recipe more or because the picture didn't turn out how I wanted it or, more recently, because I burned the top of the macaroni and cheese. ;-) I like to post seasonally if possible, so sometimes I just save pictures until it's back in season. I almost never toss pictures, even if they aren't great. I guess I need to get in the habit of sorting through them a little more or my poor computer might start to complain!

    Lovely pictures, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chocolate cake looks perfect. Other also equally good too. Some time sitiing idle in traffic has also purpose, skyline picture looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an awesome blog! I can`t wait to see your future posts! :)

    have a great time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  9. I neeed that chocolate cake recipe. it looks so moist and chocolaty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I photograph nearly everything I make, just in case. And those with good photos go into storage in my Flagged File in iPhoto. I agree with Mindy - sometimes they're out of season or the photos ended up being garbage after all. What's frustrating is when the food looks amazing, it photographs well, but tastes like crap.

    I'm going with the crowd here - Chocolate cake. No season necessary - it's always Chocolate Season.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am the same - either the recipe didn't wow me - or I simply have no words I feel like saying - or the other - just flat out no time to blog. I know have a file of unblogged recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually know before I make something if I am going to blog about it or not. If I know I won't, then I don't even bother getting the camera out!

    Mmm, that cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know, you have a great idea here. Sometimes, I feel like posting photos and maybe a line or two about the dish and that's it. But, I'm compelled to write more because it's a blog. Ha! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Peggy! If Andy said that chocolate cake is THE BEST, don't we all want to know your recipe? Please...! :-) Adding graham crackers panckaes - interesting!

    I was actually surprised that you "throw away" pictures that you didn't post. I have like 30 back-logs because I don't throw away...My recent pictures are so dark because they are taken when it was dark and no sunshine. Maybe time for me to throw away. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That chocolate cake looks sinfully delicious!! And it's funny that you made egg nog in March! Why not?! And graham crackers in pancakes - I have done that before and I simply loved the texture it provided!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Usually I don't post things that I don't have a decent picture for. Unless it was so incredible that I just have to tell the world about it. Or sometimes because it seems like such an obvious meal. Which makes no sense because, like today, I often post non-recipes or things than seem totally simple to me but really original or appealing to others.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha! I post about 98% of what I cook, and I usually am cooking it the night before i need to post. I am not an organized blogger at all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post, but I have the opposite problem -- I completely forget to take pictures of what I've cooked before we scarf it down! Sometimes I've even already written a post and all I have to do is plug in the photograph, but then I look down at my plate and the whole darned thing's disappeared.

    You're inspiring me to be better about it, though -- gotta cook with that camera handy!

    ReplyDelete