Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

We just got back from an eating extravaganza at my parent's house!  We had a ton of food, and my parents even set us up with a couple boxes of leftovers! 

Here's just a quick run down of this year's events:

My mom's really cute centerpiece.


The free-range bird in all it's 25 lb. glory.  It was a pretty huge bird... you can see it hardly even fits into the roasting pan!


 The spread of side dishes consisted of mashed potatoes, corn, green bean casserole, roasted artichokes, fresh made rolls, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce (yes from the can!), and gravy!  We also had a crap load of dessert dishes that included a peppermint meringue chocolate cake (made by moi!), pumpkin pie, apple pie, a variety of cheesecakes, a variety of chocolates, and brownies.  So needless to say, no one went hungry!


We like the dark meat in our family!  My sister was definitely in touch with her carnal side and opted for a leg piece!


 Just a couple candid shots of my sisters... you can tell my sister Frances (on the left edge) is really classy, hehe.


Now she looks more civilized
Thanksgiving was a huge success.  This was also Andy's parent's 3rd visit to our Thanksgiving and we definitely love having them over!  It's great that both of our families can share in this holiday together!

The end of the night consisted of my mom bombarding us with deodorant (you have to know my mom because every time we come over it seems like she gives us TOTALLY random gifts), a big canister of popcorn, and a purse.  Talk about random things, but hey, at least she was concerned about our body odor!

If you celebrated Thanksgiving, how did it go?  Hope you have full bellies and if you're going out in the madness for Black Friday (I am NOT), be careful and be safe!

And I definitely want to make sure you guys know that you are one of the many things I am thankful for today... and every day!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your feast with me! Everything looked delicious (especially that big bird!) My family loves the dark meat too, and I loved seeing your sister dig in! Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had an awesome blend of more traditional Thanksgiving fare and some Mexican rice, beans, and enchilada casserole for variety! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a spread! I don't celebrate Thanksgiving but it's a joy to read your post :)

    Just got back from my vacation & I'm moving really slow...... soooooo tired........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Great photos! Love the random gifts haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving, Peggy! That's really a lot of good food! haha...your sister and that huge drumstick! You have such a wonderful family! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beautiful family you have! and your mom's centrepiece was adorable:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I love Thanksgiving. My favorite holiday ;) Your dishes look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete