Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Garlic Shrimp


Simple. Quick. My two favorite words on the weeknight. And adding a third word... Delicious... Makes for a successful evening. If I were gonna do this again, I'd strip these big guys of their skin and eat them naked. Not that the flavor didn't penetrate the skin... I just didn't have the time to work for my food by peeling it off! Okay, maybe I had time, I was just lazy. Okay?! I said it, I'm lazy... just that one time anyway. Found this recipe over at Rasa Malysia. On a different note... pharmacy school application has been sent!! Crossing fingers that I get an interview!!!

Ingredients:

15 Jumbo Shrimp, or a bunch of little suckers
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon sake, more for drinking
chopped scallions

Make sure you shrimp are rinsed with some cold water. Not hot because you'll obviously cook the little guys, or big guys in my case, prematurely. Dry the shrimp off with a paper towel.

Heat a medium skillet under medium high heat and melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, just a minute or two.

Add the shrimp and toss to coat in the butter and garlic. Add sugar, salt, and sake. Toss again. Cover the skillet and let shrimp steam for about a minute. They'll be bright pink. They've got built in thermometers that tell you when you're allowed to eat them.

Serve with some brown rice (I've been on a rice kick... and hey, how can you blame me... Asian's love rice). And top with the chopped scallions.


See, what did I say. Quick. Simple. And you'll soon find out... Delicious!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Those shrimp are massive!
    Great Dish. My husband would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it love it! such a nice and quick recipe - many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious and easy!! Love it!! I think I will be trying it soon!

    ReplyDelete